Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I have a case again my former employer for unlawfull termination.

I have a case again my former employer for unlawfull termination. Recenty my case was transfer to federal court, why woul that be? is that good or bad? I need a lawyer who is familiar with employment law as well as federal cout procedures.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

LegalPro54 :

Thanks for entrusting me to answer your question. A case can be transferred to federal court for only one of two reasons--either you have alleged a cause of action based on federal law (common in discrimination complaints), or you and your employer reside in different states, and the federal court is exercising what is known as "diversity jurisdiction."

LegalPro54 :

Having your case transfer to federal court is neither good nor bad, but in federal court, some different procedural rules will apply to litigating your claim.

LegalPro54 :

Contact some attorneys and see if any would be willing to take your case on a contingency fee basis. Often times attorneys will be willing to take this type of case through such an arrangement.

LegalPro54 :

Here's a link to referral services at the California Bar website: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/LawyerReferralServicesLRS.aspx

LegalPro54 :

I hope this information helps you in deciding what to do. Bear in mind that none of the above constitutes legal advice. Good luck and please remember to click "accept" so that I get paid for my time. Thanks so much.

Hi there. The chat indicates that you "left to accept my answer," though I don't believe you have yet accepted it. If there is any additional information I can give you please let me know, otherwise, if you would be so kind as to click "accept" I would very much appreciate it. Thanks so much.