How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I complained about sexual harrassment, and the only person

Resolved Question:

I complained about sexual harrassment, and the only person who saw says he saw nothing. I have written down hapenings between me and my supervisor, I decided to come forward when he tried to climb onto me by putting his knee on my thigh, he degraded me and crossed my personal boundries.. The company got involved and they came to the conclusion that he has to be told where and what are personal boundries. He has worked for this company for thirty years and we constantly have sexual harrassment training.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome.

I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

What is your question for me please?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there a lawsuit here
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Your course of action would typically involve filing a complaint of sexual harassment with the state fair employment and housing commission. They have the authority to investigate, mediate, litigate, or issue you a right to sue letter.

This is the legally prescribed method for preserving your right to sue if the matter is not resolved through this agency's process.

It is best to also retain a local employment law attorney to represent you in this matter. Look for ones who take contingency fee cases if possible.

Here is a link to initiate a claim with that agency:

Since the offender remains in his position, you would typically have a valid basis for alleging that the sexual harassment has not been resolved.

The witness to the harassment may be subpoenaed for a deposition if a lawsuit is ultimately filed against the employer. They would be compelled to testify under oath through this process.

I hope you found my answer helpful; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.

Tina and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you