How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need to know what rights employees working for non profit

Customer Question

i need to know what rights employees working for non profit organizations in california have. i have been employed with a non profit for 3.5 years, and have dealt with un equal treatment by my supervisor for the past 3 years. i have dealt with harassment by a previous co-worker (who is no longer employed with the company) i have went to the corporate office various times to complain about the treatment i have received from my supervisor, and the fact that she did nothing to stop that co-worker from continuing to harass me. i have not seen that the company has done anything to hold my supervisor accountable for allowing harassment to go un resolved. my supervisor continues to talk negatively about me to other employees, and changes rules around frequently so she can place blame of things that have went unfinished on the shifts that i work. I have had numerous meetings with my supervisor regarding her conduct toward me she nor the corporate office does anything to change her behavior. I'm wondering if i have a case, against the company.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

If you are being harassed or treated unfairly due to a protected characteristic (such as race, gender, national origin, or ethnicity) you can file a complaint against the employer with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing for a violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act.

You can file a complaint online here:

The Department of Fair Employment and Housing will investigate your complaint on your behalf and either file suit on your behalf or issue you a right to sue letter so you can pursue your claim against your employer through a private attorney.

Related California Employment Law Questions