How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

at work i got unfair treatment. how do i report

Resolved Question:

at work i got unfair treatment. how do i report
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Can you be a bit more specific about what it is that you want to report?

What did the employer do that was unfair. And after you complained how did they retaliate?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

first my boss wrote up for talking on phone with my friend during that is my lunch hour. then said i not fellow manager order to write out procedures, but i did fellow order write out procedures. I have my document approved to HR. but they still igorn.

then after few month I have other wrote up said reason. I m late for company fund rasing dinner. but there alot staffs were later than me. I just late 15min becouse i m single parent need to pick up my son and drop him off at my sister. I was tried to explaint to HR but not used

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i m stress depressvie and helpless. i m sick

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Do you believe that you are being discriminated because of your Ethnicity, Color, Religion, National Origin, Gender or some Disability?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.



please help me. he is very evil person. he is picking at me. because i not listenting to him for doing illegal document.


Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

Based on your belief that you are being wrongly discriminated against, you may want to consider filing a discrimination complaint. CA law prohibits harassment in the workplace and you do have a legal remedy.

Workplace harassment is any unwelcome or unwanted conduct that denigrates or shows hostility or an aversion toward another person on the basis of any characteristic protected by law, which includes an individual's race, color, gender, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other personal characteristic protected by law. A conduct is considered unwelcome if the employee did not solicit, instigate or provoke it, and the employee regards XXXXX XXXXX as undesirable or offensive.

You will want to file a formal complaint with the CA Department of Fair Employment and Housing alleging Sexual Harassment.

You must first make an appointment with the Department to be interviewed, either over the phone or at a local DFEH office. You may call the DFEH at(NNN) NNN-NNNN or apply on line by using the Department’s "Online Appointment System." The system will guide you through questions to determine whether an appointment is right for you.

Alternatively, you may file a complaint with the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission). If your company has 15 or more employees, they are prohibited from discriminating against you. To file a complaint with the EEOC, contact the nearest Equal Employment Opportunity Commission field office. To be automatically connected with the nearest office, call(NNN) NNN-NNNN EEOC website:

Federal law specifically prohibits discrimination, based upon the Ethnicity, Color, Religion, National Origin, Age, Sex and Disability of an individual, with regard to hiring, promotion and firing.

After you file the complaint, your employer will be prohibited from any retaliatory action against you. The EEOC will investigate your claim, and 180 days after the filing of the complaint you may ask for a "right to sue letter". The EEOC will issue you the letter which gives you the right to institute a private civil action against your employer and seek monetary damages.

I wish you the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,


LawTalk and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
may i contact you ? by phone
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.

Unfortunately, since we are an informational site, the Experts here, including me, will be unavailable to represent you in your case.

You can use or to find lawyers in your area.


The Terms of Service of JustAnswer, prohibit us Experts from having contact outside of this venue with customers of JustAnswer---I'm sorry.


I wish you well,