Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

How do you file on an individual who has not given a social

Customer Question

How do you file on an individual who has not given a social secuity number or drivers Lisence
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

What do you wish to file against the individual?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

To file damages in small claims court for my cusmtomers incorporated checks that he had cashed, as endorsement irregular. For hiring cheap illegal imiigrants with no social or drivers license becuase they were believed to collect disability. He made up own checks so he could start paying his wife who was not on payroll but was fired from her job I discovered from our church. Giving wrong incorrect Edd iniformatino giving them my wrong social and only just putting his name only for unemplyment benifits when he has terminated and ran out of buisness meeting to hand him a termination letter. He ran to the bank and from his stated phone call and stated he cut up the debit and credit cards in my incoporated buisness name. He built his buiiness using mine in Africa.and

in Van Nuys, Calif. using my credit and income generated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

what could be the worse case scenario in collecting or filing because he said he would be reponsible for my accounting and taxes and he did not do any of it. He refused to give me his social security number as well as his wifes even though he signed up as an agent and found out that he was not even registered with secretary of State in

Sacrrament Calif. The banks did not want any legal responsibility because they said I had put his name on my buisness account, but that did not give him rights to steal my checks cashing them and putting the money in his pocket. He did not follow his written

contract that he would carry out .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

contract that he would carry out .

Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Employers are typically required to obtain proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. in completing an I-9 form for the employee. That could have aided you in obtaining such information or deciding to terminate the employee if they could not produce legitimate documentation.

Given that you do not have that information, you can still sue in small claims court for amounts he may have embezzled from your business if you are a sole proprietor. If the company is incorporated, then you must normally retain an attorney and file suit in Superior Court.

I would begin though by filing a police report with regard to the employee's activities since it appear he violated multiple criminal laws as well. A criminal conviction could aid you in proving your civil case as well.

I hope you found my answer helpful; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.