How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California and worked full time for a California

This answer was rated:

I live in California and worked full time for a California company as a salaried employee as a field superintendant from Nov 2007 until I had kidney failure in Nov of 2010.
I began receiving disability payments on Nov 29, 2010. In May 2011, while still on disability I was terminated by my employer, not to be recalled.
My disability claim will run out in Nov of this year.
If I am able to return to work this Dec. will I be eligable for Calif unemployment benefits while looking for a new job?
Thank you for your help.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

You will be eligible for unemployment benefits if you are ready and able to accept employment.

You should apply for unemployment benefits through EDD.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you