California Employment Law

Have California Employment Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer.

California Employment Law

I am a employer, not employee. I would like to find someone

I am a employer, not...

I am a employer, not employee. I would like to find someone can help or answer or represent me about unfair justment against me for missing of work permit under 18 years old?

Who can I complaint about the labor deputy or commisioner? I need to bring to the labor department that this is working against employer and not promote us to create the job. This work permit is so small matter and the job they had every easy, not dangerous and received full pay with legal taxes deduction. No illegal alien or short pay or discrimination at all.

9/9/2011
socrateaser, Lawyer
Sorry for the delay, but we're experiencing a massive power failure in my neck of the woods, so I'm sitting at Starbucks in an unaffected area.

The answer to your question is that the only persons to whom you can complain are your state legislative assemblyperson and senator. To find your legislative representatives, see this link.

Within the legal system itself, your next step would be to file a petition for a "writ of mandate" in Superior Court, and ask the court to reverse the ruling against you. This is a complicated process with no forms, unless you want to visit a law library and try to do-it-yourself.

Otherwise you would need a lawyer, and that is likely to cost you as much as the fines assessed against you.

For an employment rights attorney referral, see this link.

Hope this helps.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“ToCustomerrdquo;), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!

ToCustomerlawyer, thank you.

The problem I have it is about appeal to the court. I went to the legal clerk to file the petition. She told me I have to go to law library and print out the form and fill it out. Then bring it back with:

1. $280 for the court fee.

2. $6,500 for the fine money which the labor board set a fine for the violation. If I won the case, then this money will get back to me.

I do not have that much money to pay advance. So is it any way to file a case without paying advance first? This is very unjustice. The poor people like me how can I fight back. If I have lots of money, I probably forget this appeal.

Who is the senator in my area that I can talk to or email him/her or call? I live in Windsor, Ca. My labor problem is in this same town.

Do you think the senator and/or the state legislative assemblyperson will listen to my case? I am just a small businessman.

To accept answer, please do not worry. I will accept you regardless I am satisfy your answer whether or not. I am just want to testing you how much you are really helping me. Please accept my apologize that do not accept right away.

Jack

So is it any way to file a case without paying advance first?

A: Yes. You can file the request for review in court, and simultaneously request by motion that the court waive the "undertaking" on grounds that you are "indigent and unable" to obtain the necessary bond. You could also try to get a surety bond to satisfy the undertaking requirement.

Who is the senator in my area that I can talk to or email him/her or call?

A:

Senators

Member District Number and Office Capitol Office Leno, Mark 03 455 Golden Gate Avenue State Capitol San Francisco, CA 94102 Sacramento, CA (NNN) NNN-NNNN NNN-NN-NNNN (NNN) NNN-NNNN 3501 Civic Center Drive Suite 425 San Rafael, CA 94903 (NNN) NNN-NNNN Evans, Noreen 02 XXXXX State Capitol Eureka, CA 95501 Sacramento, CA (NNN) NNN-NNNN NNN-NN-NNNN (NNN) NNN-NNNN XXXXX Suite 120A Santa Rosa, CA 95404 (NNN) NNN-NNNN XXXXX Suite 205 Napa, CA 94559 (NNN) NNN-NNNN XXXXX Vallejo, CA 94590 (NNN) NNN-NNNN 200 South School Street #K Ukiah, CA 95482 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Assembly Members

Member District Number and Office Capitol Office Chesbro, Wesley 01 XXXXX Suite 450 State Capitol Santa Rosa, CA 95404 Room 2141 (NNN) NNN-NNNN Sacramento, CA NNN-NN-NNNN XXXXX (NNN) NNN-NNNN Suite 150 Eureka, CA 95501 (NNN) NNN-NNNN 311 N. State Street Ukiah, CA 95482 (NNN) NNN-NNNN

Do you think the senator and/or the state legislative assemblyperson will listen to my case?

A: You won't know if you don't try.

Which senator I should try? I would like to have the one is more likely to listen or give me a chance to talk to. Do you think you can help me this?
Please click Accept for the answer that I provided, on 9/8/2011, to your original question, and I will be happy to consider your new question.
socrateaser, Lawyer
socrateaser, Lawyer