How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for help on my situation I feel tha I was force

Resolved Question:

I am looking for help on my situation I feel tha I was force to look for work some where alse by cutting my hour in half and there was 3 other persons that were hire after me and there hours was never reduce on the same possition. also I was the only minority in that possition and number as a project manager where good. Can I find some one local to talk with. and I had no choice to go back and sign the union books
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

What is your legal question for me please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am trying to find out what my legal right are. went my employer cut my hours form 40 hours to 20 hours and still do the same amount of work there was 3 other persons hire after me with the same possision and there hours where never reduce. and know that I was force to get a diferent job to met my finacial needs my last employer has 2 persons doing my last job. also I was the only minority in that passision.
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
I see.

If your hours were cut and non-minorities hired to replace you, that would typically raise an inference of discrimination based on race/national origin.

Your recourse would typically involve filing a complaint with the HR department alleging discrimination in an attempt to resolve the matter through the employer. If it is not resolved promptly and your hours restored, then you should normally file a complaint with the EEOC.

They can also provide you with attorney referrals. Look for ones who take contingency fee cases to represent you.

I hope you found my answer helpful; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.

Tina and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions