How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 39169
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need appeal letter for severance pay that I was denied because

This answer was rated:

Need appeal letter for severance pay that I was denied because I missed the date it was to be submitted to HR.
Hello and welcome,

I cannot represent you or draft legal documents through this forum but I would be happy to answer a legal question for you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I only need a helpful Appeal letter pertaining to severnce pay denial that would be very helpful to make more sense than I can do because I am not attorney. Letter would be best to just let me know whatever any helpful information you have on appeal of severance pay denied because I could not find the paperwork that they original gave me and refuse me because I missed their date of August 14th to submit.

Thank you,

Carolyn Paulsen


email: [email protected]


I will opt out. Please do not respond to me since it will delay other attorneys being able to view and possibly provide you with what you are seeking.

Take care.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I need information for submitting an Appeal Letter about severance pay I was denied by my company because it was not submitted on time I had no paperwork I could find before August 14, 2011 and the date that they say requested (August 14, 2011). They have requested I file Appeal to the Corporate Offices to see if they consider accepting my Appeal letter. Can you give me any help anyone that knows what I am looking for to submit to Corporate Offices. My company is big 120,000 employees so I am looking for a letter that is more professional than I probably would be able to submit.

I would really appreciate some help about what is knowledgeable and usable.


Thank you,

Carolyn Paulsen

email: [email protected]


There is no form letter for this type of request. Moreover, the request is not a legal one -- it's simply a letter "begging" corporate management to cut you some slack.

In my experience, sending a formal letter from a lawyer to try to obtain some "grace" from an employer would do more harm than good. What you need is to write the letter in your own words and tell management how the loss of severance will put you (and your children) on the street, etc.

Executives like to think that they are granting small benfits to the "little people" around them. It makes the executive think that he/she is a charitable person (while at the same time, realizing that the executive is the person who is terminating the employment of the person begging for help -- which, of course, makes the executive a supreme hypocrite).

BotXXXXX XXXXXne, write something yourself, and if you like, post the text here, and I will be happy to make some comments. But, I can tell you from experience, that the more desparate you make yourself seem in the letter, the better your shot of getting the severance granted.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!

socrateaser, Lawyer
Satisfied Customers: 39169
Experience: Retired (mostly)
socrateaser and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you