How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 38877
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2007 I injured my back working at Wal-Mart I have had multiple

Resolved Question:

In 2007 I injured my back working at Wal-Mart I have had multiple MRI's done to no avail, I have constant back pain but that can't figure out why. I have trouble picking up my niece (27 lbs), my 8 lb dachshund, I have trouble cleaning my house because I can not stand more than 15 minutes at a time, I can't sit more than 30 minutes I can't walk more then 100 yards without agonizing, nauseating pain. I spend more time in my bed then anything. Because of this it is hard to find a job and workmans comp doctor said there's nothing we can do. Is there a statue of limitations on workman's comp if they released me and I am still having trouble with an injury I sustained from working there? I am not the one to sue I don't believe in it but 5 years of back pain is taking a toll on my life and my marriage I am only 25 years old and can't get a job anywhere because I can't stand, sit or walk for long periods of time.. Please I need some advice...
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
A workers compensation case can always be reopened, for "good cause" shown (i.e., a clear justification). Labor Code § 5803.

You'll need a workers comp lawyer. For a reputable referral, see this link.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!

socrateaser and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you