How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 38878
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you for your help back in march. I fell and hit my

Resolved Question:

Thank you for your help back in march. I fell and hit my head on my way to a mandatory department meeting, had a bad concussion abd necn and back pain. Work comp insurance took 2 weeks to ewspond and assign a claim adjuster. In the meantime my doctors and i had a hard time finding the right person to get authorizations for vetting evaluation and treatment. I had to go through occupation health clinic at work and i get the run around with them i am due back to see them again next week and srom previous experiences with them, they will release me back to work. I got i jured on 7/7 but i am still feel dizzy, headache and i don't think i am ready to go back to work yet. If i don't agree with the doctors about ready to go back to work yet, what are my options and wht can i do? Thanks, julie
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, but I was out of office yesterday, and this is the first I've seen of your question. Also, the system has changed since last March: California employment law questions must be answered in a separate category, and the experts who previously helped you are not qualified in this new category. Please permit me to asset.

Your option is to request a second opinion from another physician. The employer must provide another physician referral within 5 days, or you can go wherever you wish, including to your primary care physician and then request reimbursement from the employer, and if not reimbursed, you may bring a claim to the Workers Compensation Board.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!

socrateaser and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you