How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 38910
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Calif.---- a employee injured while working,did report to Sup.

This answer was rated:

Calif.---- a employee injured while working,did report to Sup. in writing. but only pain is evident. Called HR rep. HR told him to see Dr. -- but would not authorize visit . used own insurance to get care-- has been outXXXXX diag. Ciatitca and some back problem. Co. still declines to accept. or examine. Now employee insists on filing claim. Co.'s response meeting with HR/ Mgr/ supervisor/ what could be outlook?
Not sure why employee has waited to file with workers comp. Employer is legally required to give employee form to file within one working day. So, the employer could be in some serious hot water.

Here's the form (DWC1). Fill it out, give it to your employer, and then contact the DWC. See this link.

Or, for a private workers comp lawyer, see this link.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!

socrateaser and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions