How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5299
Experience:  Extensive experience representing employees and management
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After 29 years service at nuclear power plant, with highest

This answer was rated:

After 29 years service at nuclear power plant, with highest security clearances, I was accused of timecard falsifiction and terminated by new manager as result of making common errors on new error likely timekeeping system. Can I make case under covenant of good faith and fair dealings?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and hope I can help.

Did you have an employment contract with your employer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have no employment contract.
Unfortunately, if you didn't have an employment contract then you were an at-will employee, so you could be terminated at any time for any reason (even a bad one).

That being the case, you wouldn't have a cause of action for breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, since that only applies to employment contracts.
Joseph and other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you