How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 39145
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am a security officer and I have a misdiminor on

Customer Question


I am a security officer and I have a misdiminor on my record... would I be able to renewe my gauard card with a misdiminor on my record?

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

Bus. & Prof. Code 480 permits the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services disccretion to deny a guard license renewal based upon the applicant's commission of a crime.

The type of crime is relevant to the extent that it may impact the applicant's duties. Example: a conviction for shoplifting would absolutely prohibit a renewal, whereas a conviction for failure to appear on a traffic infraction may not.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!