Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

I was asked to sign & it was witness a Binding Arbutratino

I was asked to sign & it was witness a Binding Arbutratino agreement by my employer. I signed it.
I asked to have a copy of the agreement an I was told that I could not have a copy .
the lady got upset so I responded I think I have a legal right for a copy that I signed an
it had the witness signuture.The lady got more upset an asked who was I getting my Legal advice from I responded no one . She said I didnt need one it would be kept in my company file ..
My question is, do I have the legal right to a copy of the Binding Arbutration agreement that I signed an it also has a witness signature , is there a law ??

This is a Very Big company In the area of Security in California an around the world ..

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
J A
Thank you for contacting Justanswer.com.

Since the individual indicated that the agreement is being retained in your personnel file, you would typically have a legal right to receive a copy.

CA law requires employers provide employees with a right to inspect and copy their personnel files upon written request by the employee.

Here is a link:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/faq_righttoinspectpersonnelfiles.htm

Good luck and take care.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

So the answer is yes & no ?? - beings I was told that the signed agreement was in my file in the office an acording to the law beings I have the right to ask to see my file an copy pages the employeer can refuse to give me copy of this one agreement ..

Is this the general Idea the employer is using aganist me ??

Thank You ..

I have never used this service before , I may have made mistakes clicking on wrong

buttons ..

Hello again,

You are entitled to inspect and copy your personnel file, including the agreement you signed under CA law. The employer cannot refuse you permission to copy this one agreement that is in your file.

The employer may not be aware of your right to copy your file, so I would inform them of that right when you make your written request.

All the best to you.

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button even if you have a subscription plan so I will be credited for my time by Justanswer.com. If you do not press ACCEPT, the website retains your payment and I receive nothing. A Bonus is always appreciated. Thanks again.