California Employment Law

Have California Employment Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer.

California Employment Law

My fiance was just removed from a jobsite in Louisiana. He

Customer Question
is a resident of Louisiana...
My fiance was just removed from a jobsite in Louisiana. He is a resident of Louisiana. He was removed from the jobsite based on an accident that took place while he was employed with a Texas based contractor that was on project in California. He was working as a general foreman but was never trained as a supervisor. Nor has he had any additional safety training other than that required by the refinery site he was employed at. My fiance was the only individual within the company banned from all of the refinery's sites throught out the country/world. He was not made aware of this. While in California, he recieved a phone call from the contractor's corporate safety director telling him that he had to leave the state of California immediately. My fiance works at many of that refineries sites and was scheduled to work at many of them this year and in the future. Is there anything he can do about taking the blame for a company that did not prepare him for the responsiblities placed upon him and forcing him to accept responsibility for the major injuries the worker sustained? The primary contractor removed one of its employees from the site but we are not aware if he was also permanetly banned from all of that refinery's sites. Sorry for the lengthy explaination.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: California Employment Law
4/13/2011
California Employment Lawyer: nyclawyer, Attorney replied 6 years ago
nyclawyer
nyclawyer, Attorney
what outcome do you want?
I want the banned from the refinery lifted and payment for lost wages if that is possible.
Was their conduct discriminatory or violative of company policy? How much is owed?
Relist: No answer yet.
Relist: I still need help.
California Employment Lawyer: sojlaw,
 replied 5 years ago
sojlaw
*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.

Your prior expert is still awaiting your answer to the questions he asked of you so he could get all pertinent information necessary to provide you with an accurate legal answer. Please scroll up on this thread to see that question you can clarify on for him.
Thanks!
California Employment Lawyer: nyclawyer, Attorney replied 5 years ago
In case you do not see my initial questions, I asked: Was their conduct discriminatory or violative of company policy? How much is owed? Please respond using REPLY, and I will continue to respond, most likely with an answer. Sometimes, we experts need for first ask a clarification question so we can provide a better answer! Looking forward to hearing from you.

No discrimination or company violations committed. His supervisor was not suspended, removed from the site or banned.

LawTalk, Attorney