Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

What is the proper and best process for setting up a company…

Customer Question
What is the proper and...
What is the proper and best process for setting up a company in the United States that does photography editing and whose editors are based in Vietnam?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
5/29/2018
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

A couple of ways to do this. You could form two entities wherein the US entity subcontracts (with a subcontractor agreement) the editing services. You could also have the US entity own the Vietnamese company or vice versa.

since I already have one of the editors in Vietnam that wants to run the show. Would it be best to have him setup his own business there and then subcontract him from here?

This depends on how you want to allocate money and liability.

Well why would I want to do it either way? Is there an advantage to forming it any peticular way?
if each party is liable and money is paid to you then you pay them I think the subcontractor arrangement makes sense.