Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Salesperson Kentucky

Customer Question
Salesperson Kentucky
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
We are a startup business. We don't have the payroll or experience to close deals. We want to know how to hire a 1099 salesperson on a temporary basis until that individual obtains certain amount of new full time customers and place them on salary plus commission. The question is how do we train them on our service's, guide them on scheduling, and continue to observe work wothout being in violation of employee status laws? We also want to pay for gas and food how can we legally do that. The only thing we need them do is login our phone system and call clients to meet with them to make the sell.
5/29/2018
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
You want to hire them as independent contractor for how long?