Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I currently own a publishing business that is an advertising…

Customer Question
Hi! I currently own...

Hi! I currently own a publishing business that is an advertising company and set up in Georgia as an S Corp. I am looking to expand my business and change the name of the business and the distribution. If I use a DBA for my new company name will I be protected legally and is that the best way to go rather than having to set up another S Corp and another busniess bank account?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Nothing's been filed under the new company name yet. I was told I can complete a ficticious name form to do the DBA

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
5/29/2018
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
No you need an actual entity to have personal exposure protection. A DBA is not adequate.