Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I sold a 1995 boat with trailer to a gentelman who claims…

Customer Question
I sold a 1995...

I sold a 1995 boat with trailer to a gentelman who claims the engine is bad about thirty days later. he is suing for thre amount paid for the boat plus extra he chosed to buy. The only other thing about this im having issues with the title for tralier only due to it being signed by previous owner in wrong spot who is now deceased but buyer was made aware of it being in someone else name at the time. So im having trouble locating family member who can help

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

As far as title i have gotten with person who i picked the trailer from but he hasnt been able to locate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What should i take to court to defend myself

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2018
Business Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 25 days ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I would take anything that you have which indicates that the sale was "as is" and that the buyer had the opportunity to inspect the boat and trailer. In other words, under those conditions, it would be very unlikely that he could win in court, provided you did not misrepresent the condition of the vehicle. So anything that you can bring to court which would indicate that would be helpful.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Business Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 24 days ago

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.