Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I need a clause for my independent contractor agreement that…

Customer Question
I need a clause for...
I need a clause for my independent contractor agreement that will state that if a contractor steals money from me or my business, that for every cent that is taken via theft that i can categorize it as some type of loan (or if you can give me another type of name of a loan or something appropriate) or something that i can charge a 25% per day, therefore, it strengthens my case for debt collector and debt collection attorney to file a judgment to get a writ of execution for the principal amount stolen with interest, and potentially liquidated damages on the person who stole from me. i NEED this clause to work in the united states and for the phillippines as well.
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Business Law
5/28/2018
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 21 days ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
I would need to see the agreement to provide such a clause. The one problem with that is you would be foregoing fraud, theft, and breach of contract type claims.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
what do you mean foregoing? id like to have fraud, theft, and breach of contract but also id like to attach an interest rate as part of damages. how can we do that or draw up a clause?
Bc you are asking to classify such theft as a loan.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
well id like something quantifiable like an interest rate to the theft if we cant call it a loan.... id like a quantifiable interest rate attached to any form of fraud or theft. can you draw up a clause for that?
I can try. My suggestion would be that you just put language that any claim and amount due arising under the agreement shall be subject to the highest interest rate allowable by law.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
okay please draw that clause up for me for an independent contractor to ensure i can sue for the interest rate plus still have the ability to sue for claims of theft, fraud, etc
this is a premium service which does cost extra.
Can you upload your existing agreement in word
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
i put that i wanted a clause in the original question dude. if you couldnt draft it then why did you answer?
but again drafting is a premium service.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
i out it in my original question dude. meaning if you answered it. i wanted a clause
I provided feedback on how to draft it but justanswer has guidlines I have to follow.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
thats not what i asked for
i said i wanted a clause from the get go