Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am looking for an answer if there is a law that requires…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for an answer if there is a law that requires camping club who maintain building for their members to utilize that when a heater is broken that they need to replace/repair within a given time? and what would be the recommendation for occupancy?

Lawyer's Assistant: No, you can ask a one off question to try things out. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I am a resent board of director for a camping club, there has been an ongoing issue of heat in one of the building for 50 and older. there has been several complaints from members that the heat has not been repaired. I am under the impression that the maintenance team is waiting for parts. since then two of the members have been banned from the 50 + club for holding management accountable to replace the heat.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In New York there is regulation in place for Building Owners "Building owners must maintain certain minimum temperatures. If temperatures dip below 55 degrees outside during the day (6 a.m.-10 p.m.), home must be heated to at least 68 degrees. At night (10 p.m.-6 a.m.), apartments must be kept at 62 degrees or higher no matter what the temperature is outside" can we use this regulation for our situation?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Business Law
4/3/2018
Business Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 3 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!

I can wait for a couple of days. please let me know as soon as possible. thank you, Ginny *****

Business Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Who owns the buildings?

Do members have any type of least on any of the buildings?