Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

If a California LLC is not completely formed can it enter…

Customer Question
If a California LLC is...
If a California LLC is not completely formed can it enter into a contract with another LLC to sale a house and divide the profit?
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Business Law
3/31/2018
Business Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 22 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly provide proper foundation for your question.

Kindly provide more information regarding your issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
A person wanted me to sign a contract with their California limited liability company (LLC), I ask to see their LLC-12 and their Operating Agreement and they said that in California they did not need to have or get those documents before they could legally bind their LLC to a contract or file a law suit against me if I failed to comply to the terms in the contract they want me to sign. And the man said that all they had to do in California to legally operate was file one document called the Article of Incorporation which registered their LLC name and nothing else. I want to know if what they are saying is true for a California LLC to legally operate and be able to file a law suit against me if I did not comply with the contract, and can I file a law suit against them if they did not comply with the contract when there is no person or entity registered with the state that is associated with the LLC as a member, officer, or agent.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I also thought that is what the LLC-12 and Operating Agreement agreement would let me know.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am asking does the California LLC Law allow them to legally operate with out filing any of the state required LLC -12 Statement of Information documents and not having a state required Operating Agreement signed by it members/owners/officers, and not paying any of the required FTB annual fees, etc.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am told the Article of Incorporation only registered the name the LLC want to be known by, and states how the LLC will be managed, not name of who will be the manager or managers, nor does it ask who that agent for service is, and the person filing it out and signing as the organizer does not have to be associated with the LLC operation at all, they are only signing as being the person who filed the organization document for the New LLC.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Have what I have said help you regarding my issue.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Can you give me the Californian rules or requirement that must be satisfied to legally operate as a California LLC, one that can be a party to a contract and file lawsuits and defend against law suits in it name.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
can you give me any case law that pertains to what I am asking.
Infolawyer, Attorney