Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

An attorney has very good education and seems to have high…

Customer Question
An attorney has very good...
An attorney has very good education and seems to have high rating on litigation. In the following 10+ months, this attorney seems to only has a couple hearings or trials scheduled in the court. What could be the reasons? Does it mean that this attorney doesn't have many businesses, and is not very good? Thanks.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/30/2018
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Attorneys actually do very little litigation trials. Trials are the last resort and the sign of a good attorney is one who can resolve legal matters for clients without any trial. A lawyer who can negotiate reasonable settlements for clients is usually a much better attorney than one that is constantly fighting in a court room. Fighting in a court room is a last resort that an attorney wants to avoid and one that costs clients much more money in the long run.

An attorney really tries to avoid going to trial if they do not have to.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.