Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

How can I get negative reviews taken down from Google for my…

Customer Question
How can I get negative...
How can I get negative reviews taken down from Google for my business?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/27/2018
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 3 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney‑client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Unfortunately, the First Amendment protects the reviewer from any action against the review, unless the review includes false information, in which case you can file a defamation case. Google is protected by the U.S. Communications Decency Act from being sued for the review and from being forced to take down the review, unless the review contains false information.

In either case, a lawsuit will have to be pursued in order to take any action against the review.

Rating & Additional Questions:

• Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions. Please ask me as many questions as you need. There is no additional fee.
  • If you ask a follow‑up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
  • If you are dissatisfied with my response, please let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can "Opt Out" and your question can be re‑posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.
  • If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today.
  • A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.
The review does contain false information and is defaming one of my clients. Is there a way to expedite this process?
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 3 months ago

Unfortunately, there is no expeditious process. You can click here to see if Google can provide assistance through their review process.

What can I do to get a business listing removed from google? The business no longer exists.
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 3 months ago

Please click here for the removal process.

Ok, so if I do not currently have the google business account, I need to acquire it?
Business Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 3 months ago

That is correct.