Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have an autocare center but have had issues with Brain…

Customer Question
I have an autocare...

I have an autocare center but have had issues with Brain Cancer and so my Business Checking is presently overdrawn. is there a legal liability for me ? My business was established in 1964, I am 66 years old and hope to be selling out and retiring. What don't need is legl situations.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am licensed in Ashby, Massaachusetts.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I am just beginning. This is an owner occupied business,. So when I sell I need alternative housing. Maybe senior housing? My wife is still living and in excellant health.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/27/2018
Business Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 3 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can file Chapter 7 bankruptcy here to discharge the debts.This would be the best way to get rid of the creditors hanging over you including the bank.

You can file this yourself pro se.

This would buy you more time in the house as well.

Forms

http://www.mab.uscourts.gov/mab/forms-0

Here’s a list of the forms most people need when they file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Some of these, however, may not apply to your case. For example, if you are not requested a filing fee waiver, you won’t need to fill out Form B 3BA Application for Waiver of Chapter 7 Filing Fee.

B 101 Voluntary Petition for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy

B 101A Initial Statement About an Eviction Judgment Against You (only if you have eviction judgment against you)

B 101B Statement About Payment of an Eviction Judgment Against You (only if you have eviction judgment against you)

FEATURED LISTINGS FROM NOLO

Featured Bankruptcy Law Firms In Austin, TX change location

Cantilo & Bennett, L.L.P.

4.9/5.0

View Phone

contact

Cantilo & Bennett, L.L.P.

4.9/5.0

View Phone

contact

Forshey & Prostok, L.L.P.

5.0/5.0

View Phone

contact

Law Offices of Sharon Sanders Webster

***-***-****

contact

VIEW ALL

B 103A Application for Individuals to Pay the Filing Fee in Installments

B 103B Application to Have Chapter 7 Filing Fee Waived

B 106 Summary of Your Assets and Liabilities and Certain Statistical Information

B 106A/B Schedule A/B: Property

B 106C Schedule C: The Property You Claim as Exempt

B 106D Schedule D: Creditors Who Hold Claims Secured by Property

B 106E/F Schedule E/F: Creditors Who Have Unsecured Claims

B 106G Schedule G:Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases

B 106H Schedule H: Your Codebtors

B 106I Schedule I: Your Income

B 106J Schedule J: Your Expenses

B 106J-2 Schedule J-2: Expenses for Separate Household of Debtor 2

B 107 Your Statement of Financial Affairs for individuals Filing Bankruptcy

B 108 Statement of Intention for Individuals Filing Under Chapter 7

B 121 Your Statement About Your Social Security Numbers

B 122A-1 Chapter 7 Statement of Current Monthly Income

B 122A-1 Supp Statement of Exemption from Presumption of Abuse (only if you qualify for an exception to the means test)

B 122A-2 Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation (only if your income is above the state median income)

To learn more about each of these forms, see Completing the Bankruptcy Forms. To learn more about filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, see Filing for Bankruptcy.

Prayers to you here with all.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.