Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I need to talk to a business lawyer. CA. None. Looking at…

Customer Question
I need to talk...

I need to talk to a business lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. Looking at closing C corp but have questions. business has been moved to house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I keep DBA open? can I keep doing business?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Business Law
3/26/2018
Business Lawyer: KLAW, Attorney replied 1 month ago
KLAW
KLAW, Attorney
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello
Do you know anything about closing a C corp that was opened using retirement funds through Benitrends(rainmaker program)?
No, I will seee if another expert can assist you.
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

I do have experience with winding up of a company. What are your questions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The company was opened with retirement funds under a company called Benetrends using a program called rainmaker and from what I understand I cannot change the C corp to an LLC or anything but if I just close it I am good. The next question would be can I reuse my DBA if I open an LLC with a different name?
This seems very odd that they would have authority to prevent you from converting her own company. I have not seen or heard of something like this before. If they are a co-owner with you then I could understand their rights somewhat. The DBA belongs to whoever filed it so if that was your existing company and your new LLC Could not use it
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney