Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I need to talk to a business lawyer. CA. None. Looking at…

Customer Question
I need to talk...

I need to talk to a business lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None. Looking at closing C corp but have questions. business has been moved to house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I keep DBA open? can I keep doing business?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/26/2018
Business Lawyer: KLAW, Attorney replied 4 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Attorney
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today.
Hello
Do you know anything about closing a C corp that was opened using retirement funds through Benitrends(rainmaker program)?
No, I will seee if another expert can assist you.
Business Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

I do have experience with winding up of a company. What are your questions?

The company was opened with retirement funds under a company called Benetrends using a program called rainmaker and from what I understand I cannot change the C corp to an LLC or anything but if I just close it I am good. The next question would be can I reuse my DBA if I open an LLC with a different name?
This seems very odd that they would have authority to prevent you from converting her own company. I have not seen or heard of something like this before. If they are a co-owner with you then I could understand their rights somewhat. The DBA belongs to whoever filed it so if that was your existing company and your new LLC Could not use it