Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am a Nurse Practitioner in a S corp where the MD owns 51%

I am a Nurse...

I am a Nurse Practitioner in a S corp where the MD owns 51% of the business and a retiring NP owns 49%- I am in CA. I want to change the corp and add more NPs. he will still be our colaborating physcian.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

CA, no

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No- the agreement or corporation they have had in place for many years-

3/25/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

Yes, you can add more Nurse Practitioners under California law. You can change the corp and keep the same collaborating physician, and it is fine that the structure has been in place for many years. You are on safe legal ground under California law.

Please rate five stars ***** and by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Does the physician have to own 51% of the corporation?

Yes 51% is the minimum.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney