Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I need to speak with someone about artistic contracts

Customer Question
....
I need to speak with someone about artistic contracts .
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Business Law
3/25/2018
Business Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Attorney replied 26 days ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

Yes, I am a California lawyer who does a lot of artistic cases.

i suggest we have a phone call to discuss details and strategy.

Please accept and request phone call.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Is it possible to start with text and switch to a phone call basis on the first of the month?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am interested in talk to you. The sooner the better.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I thought I had an introductory plan since I used this service yesterday?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I paid for by text advice yesterday.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can only afford to call you now if you agree to will review the contract my husband and I put together in an artistic endeavor.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I only want to speak with WiseOwl58
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
If he is not available please let him know I want to speak with him only.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Do I still have to pay for the phone call?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have a limited budget until the end of the month.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have been swindled out of a large sum of money from a person advertised as a producer on a
Facebook Group I started. Isn't that ironic?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The facebook group is academic in nature. It is a band and orchestra facebook group. I am a victim of "Breech of Contract. He promised the 10 cd project would cost $2,600 and then changed it to $2,900 and then added editing so that makes $3,400. We have received nothing but a Rough Mix of one song that is less than a minute for $3,400. And he still wants more money. We texted him March 21st to state he could keep the money and we wish to end the project. Having ignored this text he contacted us March 23rd saying he wants a confidential agreement to be signed so he can charge us even more. There is no sign of good faith. My husband and I do not want to pay him anymore money. All the music submitted was copyright protected. Now I have all songs submitted with ISRC codes, as well. Two of the songs were already published. Can he own my copywritten material? I do not want him to sue me in the future for using something he sees as his.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have not received any advice yet. Once I do I can provide a rating.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Clarification: Can he claim my published copywritten material? Can he claim my new unpublished copywritten material?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
On March 23rd, after meeting with him in person on March 20th, he sent a bill for an even larger amount with two stipulations. 1)60% of inital payment of %60 of $5,000 must be paid in 4 days 2)confidentiality agreement must be invoked between consultant and client to ensure legally no discussion outside secure circle will be leaked. This sounds like bribery.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Since I am a member of ASCAP I will see if they can help me end this contract that has no termination language.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can not afford to talk until April.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
ASCAP does not have legal services.

please put in the phone request again for WISE OWL ONLY

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I do not want to spend $59 until you are available.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have a plan. Plan A-Contact ASCAP, Plan B-Contact you and if necessary Plan C-Contact an attorney via my personal contacts,etc
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Can I afford to wait until April or could he threaten to sue me if I don't sign his confidential agreement.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Last night the message under your picture said you were online. I would be willing to talk by phone sooner to come up with a plan if I know you can talk.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I need advice now. Since you are unavailable I am requesting to use this transcript with a new expert rather than starting over. I do respect that Sunday may be your day off.Thank you.
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 25 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as it seems your previous contributor has abandoned this question by opting out.

Do you have an actual written contract with this person already, if so please upload a copy so we can see what it says he is entitled to claim.

How much have you paid him already?

Keep in mind you have not paid anything, you have made a deposit, the expert does not get paid until you leave positive feedback for the expert.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney