Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Investor helped me start my arkansas llc he is on the irs…

Investor helped me start...

Investor helped me start my arkansas llc he is on the irs document issued at fine of formation getting the EIN BUT He is not listed as officer or anywhere in the state of arkansas articles of incorporation where i incorporated is he a partner because of the EIN he got under his name and not mine but put just me on the state filings

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

What does this mean ? i dissolved the corporation with help From the secretary of state of Arkansas because he tried to overtake my company she said I was the only person on the articles and she help me dissolve it now it shows me is the only officer opening it and closing it but he is listed on the document or received from the IRS setting up the company with the EIN number they gave me so I’m confused as to what to do does that mean he’s responsible for the taxes and I’m not it looks apparently that he was never an officer just me on the corporation 100% that’s what t from the secretary of state of Arkansas because he tried to overtake my company she said I was the only person on the articles and she help me dissolve it now it shows me is the only officer opening and closing it but he is listed on the document I received from the IRS setting up the company with the EIM number they gave me so I’m confused as to what to do does that mean he’s responsible for the taxes and I’m not it looks apparently that he was never an officer just me on the corporation 100% that’s what the Corporate filings with the state show Corporate filings with the state show

3/23/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

The name on the IRS form doesn't really matter, because anyone can request the tax ID number from the IRS--they don't have to be an officer or director or investor. Sometimes the lawyer or accountant will obtain the IRS number for the company, but it doesn't mean anything.

What really matters is who the company has elected as officers and directors and who holds the stock. His acts really have no legal effect here.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
well he wasn’t on the articles filed wuth the state and tried to remove me from my company last week with a resolution signed by him as the managing member and majority stockholder in the company of which only i am listed on the articles filed and just as the creator so i filed the franchise report for 2018 and 2019 and signed off as the managing member and owner he was nowhere in the documents he called all my customers said i was fired but after i dissolved the corporation and told him he was not a member just an investor of which we both signed on the loan he now has called my insurance agent and said he is president of the corp and canceled all my insurance auto and workers come building and gen liability isn’t his signing that resolution removing me from my company as the majority stockholder fraudulent and illegal since he was never anywhere in the articles and i stopped him from filing the franchise report and putting himself down as an officer when i dissolved it before he could do so i believe he was running a scam on me and waited a year after my company had doubled in assets and tried to tajd it over but didn’t count on me dissolving it before he could file the report and make himself a part of it without my knowledge he told me we were 50/50 partners all year but i don’t think he is a partner at all
do i have a case of fraud against him ? he went into my shop and stole over $100,000 in equipment he took everything
claiming it’s his
Phone call session started
you can just answer by typing that’s fine u don’t have to call im neefingbto know if he is considered a partner if i am thr only one listed on the articles filed even though he got ein for the company because he gave me a resolution after one year trying to remove me and i am the only person listed with the state and so i closed dissolved the corporation after filing the franchise reports that day i think that blocked his scam attempt to steal my company and he signed that resolution as the majority stockholder snd president managing member when he isn’t listed with the state just on the irs form when we got the ein doesn’t this seem fraudulent