Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am a independent contractor for Lowes i have tried working…

Customer Question
I am a independent...

I am a independent contractor for Lowes i have tried working with them about getting payed for jobs completed and invoiced over $15000 from now to over a year and half ago that have not been paid but always there working on them plus always passing the buck to someone else in the corp. office

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Resent completed invoices to corp at least a dozen times as directed by them to different people in corp office

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This take many hrs to do each time and it has cost me to have this done

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/22/2018
Business Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If they owe you that much and are ignoring your requests for payment, then you need to contact a local civil litigation attorney to have them send a "demand letter" to corporate and the store manager stating that if you aren't paid in 10 days, you will be filing suit for breach of contract and fraud and will sue them for 3X in punitive damages..

.

That will get them scrambling and falling all over themselves to get you paid... Sometimes all it takes is a threatening letter from an attorney to "encourage" them to get you paid..

.

.

thanks.

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney