Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Its not really a law question, its more of personal,

Customer Question
Its not really a...

Its not really a biz law question, its more of personal, regarding intentional infliction of emotional distress by my ex sister in law who went after my husband, I would like to know my options. short story:

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Hello, I am from cleveland, ohio, but need help in houston TX. Although I know that my chances are limited of collecting from my ex-sister in law who used my brother to receive a green card and ultimately become a legal citizen then divorced him. years later, she contacted my husband for some business question, which developed into friendship then she used him for money and ended up with a short fling. I would like to know if I can sue her for intentional infliction of emotional distress. no not yet, I live in cleveland and she is in houston TX

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No, nothing, first I would like to send out a letter, an official letter, to her demanding the money back as it was given to her under the pretense of a loan

Lawyer's Assistant: You can email***@******.***. JustAnswer is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if our Customer Care team can't address your issue, and it's been 30 days or less since you paid to ask your question, they will refund your money.

Would you not be able to help me with an answer of options?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/22/2018
Business Lawyer: LegalDan, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LegalDan
LegalDan, Attorney

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - I am sorry to hear about that situation, what specifically do you need help with? I am not able to write a letter.

how do I find a lawyer who is able and willing? thats what I need for now, further actions may be required

You will need to look for a civil attorney - you can call the local bar association and they will give you referrals to a few of the civil attorneys who will help you with this issue. I can tell you that it is very difficult for a case of intentional infliction of emotional distress to be proven. But your first step is to contact the bar association and speak to a local civil attorney.

I hope I have answered your question and pointed you in the right direction. Can you please rate my answer with 5 stars