Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

If i have a business registered as a corporation in colorado…

If i have a...

If i have a business registered as a corporation in colorado can I open an office in NY using the same business identity.Or do I need to do something different.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

The company is a wholesale fashion company .Im in New York and the company is over seas and have a registered corp in brighton Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Yes articals of corporation have been filed and have the docs of good standing and ein numberhave not consulted a local attorney I wanted to ask you fist because i have an account with you

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The company owner is from China and owns the company in Colorado

3/21/2018
RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Yes, you may do this. The Colorado corporation would be known as "foreign corporation" and so you'd have to register the corporation with the state to do business in the state. Here's what you need to do to do that, per https://nystax.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1033/~/how-does-a-foreign-corporation-become-authorized-to-do-business-in-new-york

A foreign corporation that has never done business in New York must provide the New York State Department of State with the following:

• Application for Authority. An application for authority may be obtained at the Department of State’s web-site, www.dos.ny.gov, or at a legal stationary store.

• A check for the filing fee of $225 made payable to the New York State Department of State.

Mail the application and filing fee to:

NEW YORK STATE DEPT OF STATE
DIVISION OF CORPORATIONS
1 COMMERCE PLZ*****br />ALBANY NY 12231

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

thanks for the information

You're welcome, and again, good luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

If there's nothing else, please rate this answer.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney