Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have contract with a company that require me to stay in

Customer Question

I have contract with a company that require me to stay in compliance to transport passengers, however this same company allows lyft to transport passengers without holding their drivers to the same standards. Is this company violating any laws?
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I asked the individual over compliance the question and he couldn't not answer the question. I haven't reached out to attorney because I don't know if this is a violation of any sort
JA: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am what they consider a "volunteer driver". I have to get full background checks, drug testing, take training classes, and obtain vehicle inspections every 6 months to 1 year to stay in compliance or eligible to drive passengers. All these things I have to pay for. Lyft drivers are not being held to the same standards
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

Lyft has its own compliance programs and requirements so any breach by their drivers are handled by Lyft hence the reason they don't appear to be enforcing such regulations of Lyft drivers.