Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I was served a Complaint ( Lien Foreclosure ) in Arizona,

and filed an answer.I just...
I was served a Complaint ( Lien Foreclosure ) in Arizona, and filed an answer.I just received an Order: In Chambers Re: Joint Report and Proposed Scheduling Order, dated March 8,ordering the parties file a joint report and proposed scheduling order within 15 days. I am in pro per. I have heard nothing from the plaintiffs attorney on this.Does this require both parties to act? Can I request an extension because I can't figure this out in 2 days> What do I do to protect my postion and avoid sanctions?
3/21/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
You want to reach out to the other side. If not possible you would alert the court you tried and submit your own schedule. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I anticipate the other side will not take my call. Can I request an extension from the court stating the other side has not responded to me re the Report and Scheduling Order? Or should I just file the joint report in case the other side does so without me knowing? How can I buy some time to file the joint report?
First contact the other side. If they don’t respond then prepare on your own and advise the court other side didn’t respond.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the joint report form which I will submit. It asks for date ready for settlement conference. What is the latest date I can enter? It asks for date ready for trial. What is the latest I should enter here?
Finally, do I need to include a " Good Faith Consultation Certificate"? My instructions don't mention this but I saw it on a sample tier 2 Joint Report case form referring to Rule 7.1(h). If yes, I can't find such a form on line. Can I just write a certification?
For dates I would leave blank or consult with court clerk in advance. For certification should be included and if you do not have a lawyer you may use your own self created form to explain you tried to confer.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What type of wording is needed in the certification letter?Thanks

On ____ I reached to opposing counsel to attempt to confer on the joint scheduling order. Unfortunately, I did not hear back/refused to confer with me, prompting me with no choice but to submit a proposed report separately for the Court's consideration.

Kindly rate me 5 stars for the various replies provided in recent days. we are normally rated per answer.

Infolawyer, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
For some reason the tip will not take my card. indicates I typed a number wrong, but check my card on file and all is in order. Please resend and I will try again
Thanks! Much appreciated.
Infolawyer, Attorney