Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

How do I get someone to pay a judgement against the.m. We…

Customer Question
how do I get someone...
how do I get someone to pay a judgement against the.m. We went to court and they have refused to pay us
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/19/2018
Business Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Is the defendant employed?

.

Do they have any assets like a home, vehicles, other real estate, etc.?

.

How much is the judgment?

.

.

thanks

the one has a business. we sued their business and waiting to collect. they keep dodging us. someone told us we can get a sheriff involved but not sure. This one was from conciliation court for around 5k
The other owns a house and we were told that we would have to file a petition to foreclose on their house. I know that they were working but not sure if they are anymore. This one was from appeals court for around 12k

You can contact the court clerk and have them send both debtors a "judgment Debtor Financial Disclosure" where they have to disclose any assets that they have, any wages and employment, and any bank accounts. Then you can ask the court for wage garnishments and levies on bank accounts and other assets that the sheriff can seize and sell to pay the judgments..

.

Link to Disclosure forms and instructions:

.

http://www.mncourts.gov/Documents/4/Public/Forms/Request_for_Order_for_Disclosure_Forms_Packet_District4.pdf

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much