Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am a licensed contractor in the state of California... I…

Customer Question
I am a licensed...

I am a licensed contractor in the state of California...

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

I currently am paying off a judgement...my company is a “sole prop” my question is...if I incorporate the company or make it an LLC...and I sell the company...to a new individual...can the judgement follow the new company owner and suspend the license?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/19/2018
Business Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

Response: Yes, because the company is buying your assets and liabilities, which include the Judgment that you are paying off.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.