Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

If I receive money 90 % cash from different investors and I…

If I receive money 90...
If I receive money 90 % cash from different investors and I promise verbally 7% return to them a year ago
But it went bad , because I have not enough profit to cover the interest and I’m really broke and o can prove it
Can they put fraud charges agains me ?
They are telling me they will put this charges against me
3/18/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

It would be more of a breach of contract claim against you if you were loaned money and were to pay interest but did not pay the interest and return the principal. Or it would be a claim of promissory estoppel (i.e., you promised to pay but did not pay).

It would only be a fraud claim if you knew you would never pay them back.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney