Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am contracted to perform some work. In the contract, I…

Customer Question
I am contracted to perform...
I am contracted to perform some work. In the contract, I provided prices for each item. Some of the items say lump sum under the quantity column and some provide a quantity. for example the bedding stone item is lump sum and in the contract documents the method of payment is described as lump sum. The concrete item calls out a quantity of 48 cubic yards and I provided a price per cubic yard x 48 = total cost for that item. In the contract documents the method of payment for concrete is described as a unit price per cubic yard.If my quantities are lets say plus or minus 7% should I provide slips and make contact adjustments in my application for payment? What is the industry standard?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/18/2018
Business Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney
Hello. Let me see if I can assist. The industry standard in the construction industry is to make adjustments in the application for payment. If the customer prefers, you can also prepare and execute an addendum to the contract to reflect the actual quantity.
Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.