Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Well unhappy at the ANSWER I got...see below. a lawyer, nor…

Customer Question
Well I am VERY...

Well I am VERY unhappy at the PAT ANSWER I got...see below.
I am NOT a lawyer, nor do I understand procedures/ My livlihood is being seriously hurt!
#1 I need my machine back. The repair man has it. I have the NEW machine (that will NOT work for me. 1) he wants ME to pick up my machine and give him $1800. 2) I have NO invoices from him. 3) I do NOT have the means (I only have a jeep to drive) to take back the machine we wanted me to buy or or pick up the one he was supposed to fix. He is at least 100 miles away. very day I do not have my machine I lose money. I have already had customers wanting a refund. He wants $1800 (f resume for the machine he left with me and minor repairs to the machine he took to be fixed. and no invoice. I assume I need a lawyer (and have no funds to pay one) as I have no clue how to get my machines back.I had some commercial sewing machine service...
Resolved • Response time 8 minutes
17 Mar 2018
I had some commercial sewing machine service performed. And I was talked into buying another machine (all industrial). I paid him (with credit card) for the new one. When I was able to test it (aftter the fact) I did not like it (no instruction manual). I also allowed this person to take one of my other machines to replace the table. I cancelled the credit card so he could bot charge anything else. Then today I get a phone call saying my card declined him (he gave me NO invoice or notice) Now I see an attempted charge of over $1600 to replace the (top only) . He did NOT give me an estimate at the time and did NOT notify me for approval. Now he has my machine in his shop (almost 200 miles away) and wants me to pick it up in person. I am VERY concerned as I KNOW that a replacement table (only needed a new top) I am very concerned! So far it seems I am getting the wrong kind of layer and advice from Just Answers. I changed the category for this to Business Law. Please respond or pass this on.

Lawyer's Assistant: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?

No answers from anyone yet! Anyone have the time to answer?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Business Law
3/18/2018
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If required, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The devil is in the details: 1) what kind of lawyer do I look for? 2) how can I pay when I do not have my sewing machines back? He repairshop is over*****near Orlando! 3) How can I pay for a lawyer with no income at present (until I can get my machines back no work can be done: this could take MONTHS! I am ALREADY living off credit cards (that must be paid off! This is NOT the kind of in depth answer I would expect (that's what I paid for.) The FL Bar is almost useless in my attempt to find the right kind of lawyer. PS: Now I have to lay off my employee since I have nothing for her to do without the machines!
Consumer lawyer who can pursue on contingency fee basis. Counsel can sue and try to settle - and no fees to you unless recovers!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, this is NOT an "in depth" answer. I prefer written communication (why I am here) if this takes months I am looking at over $100,00 is losses (plus my 40 year business reputation) How much could I expect to have to pay a contingency lawyer?
Nothing. 1/3 of the ultimate recovery.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
Infolawyer, Attorney