Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I was sued individually as a minority member of an LLC. Can…

Customer Question
I was sued individually as...
I was sued individually as a minority member of an LLC. Can anyone tell me the legal strategy my lawyer should have used (for example motions to be filed, etc) to remove me from the case as an individual? I was told this was going to be the first step in the case. Now after almost $100,000 in legal fees I'm still a part of the case as an individual. I'm not very happy with my lawyer but I'm so far in I don't think I can change attorneys. The LLC operated completely as a business. And all the activities were conducted as a LLC.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/18/2018
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
He should have filed immediately a motion to dismiss with a cost of $5000-$7500.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!