Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I'm signing a deal with a private investor in 36 hours and…

Customer Question
I'm signing a deal...

I'm signing a deal with a private investor in 36 hours and urgently need someone to just skim through and make sure theres no glaring holes and that we're protected. How much would that cost? Document is pretty straightfoward.

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Term sheet and cap table ready, but the operating/partnership agreement is what I need reviewed for protection

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He wants to invest as a private investor instead of going through his VC firm, is that a red flag that he wants to take over?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Business Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here's the draft.
3/18/2018
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you have any specific questions about this agreement, which by the way is very well written?

Infolawyer, Attorney