Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

If a none state licensed only town licensed business has a…

Customer Question
Hello. If a none...

Hello. If a none state licensed only town licensed business has a contract and the following year changes their name is ***** ***** old name signed contract still valid in a small claims courtroom

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are they in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nevada. Nye County

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

Just a letter demanding payment for a 2week notice or be taken to small claims. ( the business is home facility daycare)

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other details can be explained but it might not truly 100% apply to this, so i don't think so , no

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/18/2018
Business Lawyer: LegalDan, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalDan
LegalDan, Attorney

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - The answer to your question is yet, that contract is still valid in Small claims court.

I am happy I could help today - please rate my answer with 5 stars

Even if the facility is at a brand new location under a brand new name? The contract is still under the old name old address. The new name new location facility is the one that wants to go to small claims. Even with small breaches of contract such as having a none license trampoline and promises in the old contract that are not fulfilled?

yes, a rebranding and move will not void earlier contracts that the business made.

can you please rate my answer - as it is the only way I will get credit for helping you