Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

PA** a former business partner and I went through

arbitration in which the arbiter...
PA** a former business partner and I went through arbitration in which the arbiter awarded me possession of our properties. The former partner refuses to sign the deeds over and we are filing a motion to compel settlement enforcement. What happens if, after the judge grants us our motion, the former partner doesn't comply?
3/18/2018
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Disobediance of a Court order is contempt, and the usual remedy in this situation is to hold the person in jail until he or she signs the deeds. That is called purging the contempt.

I hope this information is helpful.

N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney