Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I have a retail showroom in CA where I sell cabinets,

appliances, etc. I also provide...
I have a retail showroom in CA where I sell cabinets, appliances, etc. I also provide installation for these items with licensed contractors. I am not a contractor. I bill my client for the products and for the installation. I have a client where we have just completed the project. The client is withholding final payment until we provide an unconditional lien waver signed by each of the subcontractors we used on the project. We did provide a lien waver from our company. Does the client have the legal right to require this?
3/16/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Yes, the client wants to be sure non of the subs will file a lien, which assuming subs have been paid they will sign.

If my reply is fast and acceptable, just reply "acceptable"

Thank You.

very welcome.

Kindly rate me 5 stars by click on that 5 star rating.

Infolawyer, Attorney