Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

What resources can I use to review a companies financials…

Customer Question
what resources can I use...
what resources can I use to review a companies financials (to include all financial statements)? I also need to obtain information of a settlement or lawsuit of my child being hit by a yellow cab in New York City.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
3/16/2018
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, they are a private company, so the only way to get the financial records is if a lawsuit is filed and then you can send the company a "request for production" under the rules of civil procedure, to compel them to disclose those financial records. If no suit is filed yet, then there is no way to really find their financial records legally other than ask the company for them and no company will release those to you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.