Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

What does a business need to do in order to Ser someone up…

What does a business need...
What does a business need to do in order to Ser someone up to work for their business as a 1099 contractor? Are there forms to fill out or is it done at tax time?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

You would pay them directly and not withhold any taxes. At the end of the year, you would ask them for a W-9 that gives you their social security number, and then you would file a 1099 with the IRS and send them a copy for their records.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney