Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

One more question: The business name for the EIN number that…

One more question: The business...
One more question: The business name for the EIN number that we will be using does not have “LLC” after the business name. Does not having “LLC” after the business name have any implications I should be aware of?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello again. Let me check on something for you.

When you incorporated the LLC with the state, you had the abbreviation in the name of the company, right: ex: Amber Coating, LLC?

There could be an issue. I wonder when you applied for the EIN if you got the EIN for a sole proprietor rather than an LLC. Do you recall?

I do not recall.
Let me ask you this: we were hoping change the name of the of the business from “Last Name Wings” to simply “Last Name”. Would the best option be to just simply create a new EIN Number with that name and LLC on the end. And then just change the name that’s registered with the state?

I have to think..

Each EIN is issued for each legal entity. So, the EIN would still apply to the same legal entity if only the name is ***** ***** the entity remains the same and so does the EIN. You could not have two EIN for the same legal entity.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
Thanks

You are welcome.