Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I would like to know the exact licenses I need to operate a…

Customer Question
I would like to know...
I would like to know the exact licenses I need to operate a rental car in south Florida and Orlando?do I need any permits with DMV? can you give me a step by step on the process and application timeframe?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/15/2018
Business Lawyer: Michelle-Mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-Mod
Michelle-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
i still need help with the question
Business Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

If you hold a valider driver's license in any state, that entitles you to operate a rental car in FL.

but do I need any special registration with the DMV ? or basically I just need to have a company register with the state of florida and file for the local business tax receipt also for the sales tax? thats it?

Why do you think you need any of the above? I obviously do not understand what you mean by "operate a rental car in S. FL. Do you mean operate a "rental car agency" or something like that?

rental car agency yes. sorry for the delay. extremely busy days at the office