Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I own a profit corp that was opened in FL in 2012. I moved…

I own a profit corp...
I own a profit corp that was opened in FL in 2012. I moved out of state, so did not keep it current in FL. Now back in FL and to reinstate it is 1000. but if I open a new company it will be 90.00
What are the pros and cons of reinstaiting or opening new?Thanks
3/13/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I would open a new one. The cost is cheaper and also avoids potential for more careful and scrutiny over its operations. From a financial and practical perspective, makes sense to open new with a clean slate

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, That makes sense. Was thinking the same. I am a dealer for some companies. Would I need to sign up again with them or let them know the changes. Also open a new bank account. That is all I see that will be different. Any other cons you can forsee?

You would need to update the contracts, bank accounts, but that should be relatively simple name change and still makes sense to proceed with a new entity

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Attorney
Infolawyer, Attorney